BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS OF LITERATURE
LIT 240 - Fall 2009

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

...And There Was Light

Okay, so I'm sure that quoting from Genesis for the title of my first blog post is a bit tacky and cliched, but I feel safe knowing that I'm surely not alone in this overdone endeavor. I almost used "God Created the World in Seven Days" followed by the opener "And I created this blog in seven minutes!" Alas, I decided to try and keep my ego in reign, at least superficially, especially since I tend to be a critic of the maniacal egotism of our generation's "Look at ME!" web-culture. At least this isn't micro-blogging. I don't know if I could handle a class that required regular Twitter updates, mostly due to my lack of certainty that I'd be able to resist the dark, seductive allure of tweeting my life away.

Before I get too self-righteously off-tangent, I have to say that I really am excited for this class. Reading and dissecting the Bible in a scholarly, intertextual manner seems a very stimulating challenge. Unfortunately, I have no internet service until the 8th! A minor speedbump. Thank God for the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment