BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS OF LITERATURE
LIT 240 - Fall 2009

Friday, December 11, 2009

Video Update

Even though our last class period has come and gone, I still intend to compile the picture and video elements from the Samuel presentation's semi-botched slideshow into a simple video. I should be able to post it by Sunday, Monday at the latest. (EDIT 12/18: Unfortunately, the madness of finals week won out. In retrospect, I was a little naive thinking I could make the video while already being over-extended and sleep-deprived.) Ideally, I wish I could just turn back the clock and not automatically assume the projector would operate as a separate display, like most, instead of only mirroring the desktop and thus preventing the software (Livid Union) from working. Ah, well. A video-nerd can only dream.

Not that I want to be "that video guy," but here's two more short experimental pieces I worked on, for the same class as my Peter Quince video. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to create a "final version" of the Peter Quince video - it'll have to wait until break. Only reason I'm sharing these two projects is because they, however loosely, yet again borrow from concepts discussed in class.



-Frontierspace Ricorso (a.k.a. "Space Cowboy")


Password: spacecowboy

An abstract genre-response project inspired by the connections between Sci-fi and the Western and the "ricorso" of their recycled themes and tropes, as well as the individual's relationship with technology and the supposed frontier. Not happy with some of the found footage we used, but it had to be abandoned at some point.

Props to Vico for the name.


-Three Whys for Voltaire (a.k.a. "Questions")


Password: questions

The first version of our final project. Required to be based on a quote. Went for a slowly flowing, meditative feel. Currently working on a second, finer cut/composite to be turned in today.

On the off-chance anyone's interested, both of these will shown at the Multimedia Concert this Sunday at 7:30pm, in Howard Hall, along with other Music Tech/Film major collaborations.

No comments:

Post a Comment